HDR, BT2020, VR, AR, LED, Laser, Laser-Phosphor, QD, HLD, UHD, 4K, 8K. If you know what are these terms mean and how they will impact your business – you are ahead of the curve. If not, then you have a great opportunity to learn all about these technologies and how they will reshape professional markets by attending the Display Summit (www.displaysummit.com).
Produced by Insight Media in cooperation with InfoComm, this is a pre-show thought-leader event that focuses on the cutting edge technologies that will drive new products, markets, applications and opportunities. Display Summit focuses on the entire pixel pipeline from pixel generation through processing and distribution to the display. The event runs June 15-16 in the Orange County Convention Center. The full agenda can be viewed at: www.displaysummit.com/agenda.
In addition to a series of presentations and panel discussions, Display Summit will also feature a number of exhibits and unique demos. These special demos, only available to attendees, will include:
- High dynamic range – Comparison of standard and high dynamic range images and HDR live workflow (Canon and Philips)
- Wide color gamut – Comparison of content mastered 2020 and rec 709 color spaces (Sony, Digital Projection, QD Vision)
- Distribution Formats: Various combinations of cables, video, audio, power, Ethernet, control and USB to distribute content (ThinkLogical, HDBaseT, ZeeVee)
- LED vs. LCD – A side by side comparison between a 1mm LED video wall and a high-brightness large scale LCD video wall (NEC, Panasonic, Userful)
- Comparison of new color accurate projectors vs. reference monitor and high gain screen (BenQ, Microlite, Eizo)
- Augmented and virtual reality demos (Kverve Optics, Immersion-VRelia)
- Novel Display Components (Philips Lighting)
“This year’s event really expands on the coordinated demos that Display Summit is known for, so I can’t wait to see them myself,” noted event organizer, Chris Chinnock. “System integrators, dealers, designers, consultants, product and technology providers can all benefit from this interactive learning and educational opportunity. And, for the first time, the entire event will be submitted for InfoComm’s RU credits (12), so look for news of this confirmation shortly.”