- Dynamic Pixel Tuning for Large Area DisplaysA new white paper on the use of Porotech microLED Technology Last September, Insight Media published a new white paper called Dynamic Pixel Tuning: Game Changing Technology. Now, a second white paper is available to describe how DPT LEDs can be ...Read more
- CES 2023 Video News ReportsBelow is the complete list of video news reports we shot at CES 2023. We have created sections on TVs, Monitors, Display Technology and Immersive Displays. TVs 8K New Summary Samsung Updates 8K TV Line Samsung Reveals MicroLED TV Plans – Again Samsung Introduces 8K ...Read more
- TCL to Focus on 4K TVs: Dropping 8K in EuropeOn December 8, 2022, TCL held an NDA-based media event where they detailed the announcements they plan to make at CES 2023. They think 2023 represents their most sweeping TV line up yet. This includes new models and a simplification ...Read more
- 2023 Samsung Display QD-OLED Innovations and Fab TourIn November 2022, Insight Media and a few select other invited guests, were allowed to take a tour of Samsung Display’s Asan Korea fab that is producing the company’s QD-OLED panels. We were told this was the first time any ...Read more
- Samsung Debuts TV Innovations at CES 2023In November 2022, Insight Media got a confidential briefing in Korea on their TV plans for 2023. This is our report which we can now publish to coincide with CES 2023. Note that some details may change with CES news. ...Read more
- Choosing the Right Microdisplay for Near-to-Eye ApplicationsThis new white paper focuses on microdisplay technologies aimed for “near to eye” display applications such as electronic viewfinders, AR/VR headsets, head-mounted displays, and sights. Microdisplays are different from direct-view displays like those found in TVs, monitors, or phones. First, the ...Read more
- Has SWAVE Developed a Holographic Display Breakthrough?Having followed the development of 3D, lightfield, and holographic displays for some time, I have come to believe that evolving the traditional raster pixel approach to smaller and smaller pixels is not going to get us to where we need ...Read more
Insight Media focuses on the latest advanced-display technologies and their related ecosystems in consumer electronics, cinema, broadcast, ProAV and the display industry. Our focus areas today are 8K, High Dynamic Range, Wide Color Gamut, mini/microLEDs, AR/VR/XR, light field and other advanced display solutions. Our services include articles, white papers, event organization and custom technology consulting. Insight Media also helps to manage the 8K Association.