- Video News Reports from IFA 2023Insight Media attended the 2023 IFA event at Messe Berlin, The following news videos capture news on TVs, TV O/Ss, home projection solutions and more. O/S News Roku Describes new TV OS Partners at IFA 202 Xperi Updates on DTS-X and TiVo Roll-outs TV ...Read more
- Automotive 3D HUD Developer Envisics Adds New InvestorUK-based Envisics has announced that M&G Investments has joined other strategic partners in the automotive 3D Head-up Display (HUD) developer bringing total investment to over $100M. Envisics is developing what they call “dynamic holographic” technology which means the holographic images are ...Read more
- White Paper – What’s a HUD and Why are Car Makers so Anxious to Add Them?The automobile market is currently changing in unprecedented ways. Electric vehicles are replacing those powered by internal combustion engines. Cars are adding more sensors, communications capabilities and pushing the abilities of autonomous driving. Car interiors are being reshaped and electronics ...Read more
- Review of microLED News from DisplayWeek 2023The LA chapter of the Society for Information Displays (SID) invited Insight Media to give an overview of what we saw and reported on at the DisplayWeek event last May. The webinar was recorded and can be viewed on the ...Read more
- Video News Reports from DisplayWeek 2023Below are a series of videos decribing what exhibitors were showing at SID DisplayWeek 2023. There was a lot of microLED activity focused on autotmotive, AR/VR and videowalls. We also saw some interesting OLED, 8K/16K and 3D displays. Check it ...Read more
- Porotech Unveils the World’s First Monolithic Full Color MicroLED DisplaysFull color microdisplay achieved on a single panel marks a new industry milestone News Highlights: The world’s first single-panel, full-color microdisplay suitable for augmented reality (AR) applications, based upon Porotech’s Dynamic Pixel Tuning (DPT) technology. The new innovative active-matrix 0.26-inch microLED display offering ...Read more
- Is ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor the Path Forward for Wide Adoption of Live HDR?While a lot of episodic and movie content is available in HDR, live broadcast content is not. And so far, only Sinclair Broadcasting has led that charge to offer live HDR content using ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor. ...Read more
Insight Media focuses on the latest advanced-display technologies and their related ecosystems in consumer electronics, cinema, broadcast, ProAV and the display industry. Our focus areas today are 8K, High Dynamic Range, Wide Color Gamut, mini/microLEDs, AR/VR/XR, light field and other advanced display solutions. Our services include articles, white papers, event organization and custom technology consulting. Insight Media also helped the 8K Association.